Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Review of Alps Mountaineering Alpine Lake Sleeping Bag with Integrated Air Pad - Mummy

Sierra Trading Post

Closeouts . Sleep comfortably with this integrated Alps Mountaineering Alpine Lake mummy sleeping bag with self-inflating air pad system. Air pad fits into a sleeve on the bag Bag and pad stay together Won't shift around so you stay on the pad Pad adds an insulating layer between you and th...


A Great Deal

Matt Ithaca, NY 4/7/2009

 

4 5

Pros: Warm, Self-Inflating Pad, Comfortable, Price, Great Zipper System, Integrated pad, Adjustable Hood

Cons: Heavy, Bulky, Compression Sack Needed

Best Uses: Car Camping, Backpacking, 3 Season Camping

Describe Yourself: Avid Adventurer

What Is Your Gear Style: Minimalist

This is a fantastic deal. I picked it up when it was $57 after shipping. Sweet deal considering you get the self-inflating air pad as well, which slips into the back so it doesn't slide around. Awesome. I have had no issues with the zipper, in my experience you always need to be patient with sleeping bag zippers. It's a bit bulky for the temp rating, but worth it. It DOES need a compression sack for the sleeping bag by itself; I would never want to use their sack that rolls up both the bag and the pad, too huge. If I got a compression sack, I'm confident I could compress it to a size that would be manageable for backpacking. Do it, it's a great buy. If you bought a pad separate, it'd be way more $.

()

No comments: