Monday, March 17, 2008

( ... )

......................................................................................................
First Post. Challenging. Intimidating. Scary.

Fundamental Issue #1: Most people blog for the sake of hearing themselves talk. (Which immediately brings the substance of this post into question. Ha-ha.) They assume they have a vast wealth of knowledge about this topic or that topic, or that people have copious amounts of useless time to dedicate to the reading of their online melodramas.

Do I assume that I have anything more interesting to offer? Perhaps not. Do I have vast volumes of knowledge to bequeath upon the masses. Most definitely not, and I will try not to blog like I do. But, none the less, I don't want to be just another one of those.

I hope this to be more about photography & design than anything else. But if I get inspired, perhaps I will go on a few rants about politics, religion, the church, etc. Don't think I won't. I just want it to be interesting and helpful. I hope to post designed & photographed eye candy, samples of awesome work elsewhere, and whatever else I come across.

Fundamental Issue #2: I do not have a digital camera of my own. Gross. If I want to shoot, I have to borrow. Annoying. That's way less impulsive, spontaneous, and convenient. Clearly. Also, I don't have a scanner. Gross x2. I have limited abilities to import textures and any other awesome material I find.

So all the 'sweet eye candy' that I hope to post
at this point will have to be purely based from the existing libraries that I have right now. But, all that said, I have no excuses for not producing any work at the present. Samples to come soon, hopefully.

Here is a shot from the Amsterdam Airport last June, 07.

No comments: